PILATES FIT HOMEWORK with Audrey
These notes are designed as a reminder for those who have regularly attended my classes. They just give a brief outline of the exercises, so would be unsuitable for anyone else.
The whole work-out should take about 30 minutes, or you can just choose a few exercises if you prefer. For greater intensity, use a Pilates ball where possible
1. Put pelvis in neutral- arm circles- squats- straight leg extensions- ski swing
2. HALF ROLL-DOWN:
Seated hands out in V shape, roll back slowly until you feel a core contraction.
Slowly roll down one vertebra at a time until lying.
4. SINGLE LEG SWITCH:
On mat, three levels.
a) head & shoulders down, one leg bent and one straight. Alternate leg positions with pull at back of knee.
b) Lift head & shoulders up
c) Add upper body twist.
WARM UP NOW COMPLETE- ON WITH SOME SERIOUS STUFF!
5. DOUBLE LEG SPLIT
* on your back with both legs straight up in air, hands behind head shoulders off floor
* slowly allow both legs to drop out sideways, like a triangle split on your back, keeping toes pointed
* hold 10 secs
*Tense through core as you drag legs back to centre
* Repeat x 2
6. BODY BALANCE:
Staying on back with knees bent in, place palms downwards by your side, just off the floor. Send legs slowly outwards and downwards and when you feel your back starting to lift, roll slowly up to sitting and into forward lean
7. ROTATING HANDS:
* Move into half roll-down position with legs out long.
* Slowly extend both arms outwards, keeping elbows slightly bent
* When arms are at maximum width from body, slowly rotate both hands back and forward. You should feel your core muscles react
* Lift arms back into starting position and repeat x 3
8. SIDE LEG EXTENSIONS:
* Slowly roll down onto back and then turn on right side.
* Bend both knees up towards chest and flex both feet
*Support your head on your right hand and lift top leg off floor
* Extend and then bend leg towards the side wall x 4
* Add a small lift when leg fully extended x 3
REPEAT on left side
* Roll up or body balance to sitting
* Clasp hands together or hold onto a Pilates ball
* Move hands slowly towards right hip across tummy, over to left hip and then back to centre in a stirring motion x 2
* Repeat in opposite direction towards left hip first x 2
* To increase intensity hold for 5 secs on hip, with elbow tucked into waist
*Roll down to floor under control
The most requested exercise of all!
Try to give yourself a few minutes to relax on either your back or side, concentrating on slow breathing
* Come up slowly to sitting- roll-up or body balance.
* Go into a forward lean, allowing your head to drop forward and down.
Follow with a stretch, focusing on hamstrings, waist and neck
Don't forget - my DVD is still available for only £5 HERE